Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Good Book

Good Morning Summer Interns!

I hope each of you had a great weekend. We had a sunny weekend here, which was really nice. I wanted to let you all know that I've been given the name of a great book by one of our missionaries in the DR. She just finished reading it and she said it gave her a great background on the DR. She wanted me to share it with all of you and encourage you to read it before your trip this summer. Here's the info -

Title: "Why the Cocks Fight"
Author: Michelle Wucker
Story: It's a history of the DR and Haiti, interspersed with stories and interviews of people the author met on the streets of the two countries.

If you find yourself with some free time and want to get a good background on the country, this might be a great read for you.

Thank you again for all the work you have put in thus far. As a small reminder, please send me your airfare information and photo by the end of this week. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Blessings,
Cambria

No comments:

Post a Comment